Sunday, March 10, 2013

Winter Break

Thanksgiving break, a couple weeks of school, Christmas break, Martin Luther, teachers need a break break, then we have winter break.  Not to worry because spring break will be right after that.
Dont get me wrong, I love breaks.  I dont like trying to fill the breaks with random activities if we are not away on a trip.

Kids got pretty excited to find the Mystery Machine in the parking lot of Cracker Barrel.

 I do like when we do something new in Austin.
I had riding the metro train on the list for about 4 years.  
It was a gorgeous day and we headed to the train station.
The train is super nice and we rode into downtown.
We hung out downtown for the afternoon.
Riding home on the train on a Friday at 5:30 was quite a different experience.  PACKED!!  Standing room only and person to person.  It felt like we were in NYC or Europe.  A little challenging with the kids all tired.
Never the less, I was able to fill the day with another Austin First.

No comments: