Sunday, April 20, 2014

Rodeo 2014


Rodeo time in Austin has been tradition for us every year.  Just one of those things we love about Texas.
Jordan went to the Rodeo with friends from school.  I met her that night so we could actually go to the live Rodeo and stay for another Scotty McCreery concert.
When she came walking up to me, I just couldn't believe how much she looks like me when I was her age.  I know that she hates hearing that but it is so true.

I love candy apples.  Every time we see one, Tom and the kids will tell me to get one and for some reason I usually pass.  (In Vegas a candy apple was on sale for a cheap price of $12.95)  That's pretty easy for me to pass on.
However, tonight I was enjoying a Candy Apple.
I once made homemade ones.  Now that is on Jackson's list to do with me.




We have always wanted to stay for the actual rodeo but after a long day of hitting the fair grounds the kids have always been ready to go home.

So this was so much fun.  I will definitely be bringing the boys next year.  We will just have to break it up into different days.
The bucking horses scared me!  These cowboys are tough!
As if the rodeo wasn't fun enough.  We get to stay and watch Scotty's concert.  

Same concert as when he played at Stubbs but completely different venue so it seemed really different.

We were sitting by some fun people we didn't know but that added to the entertainment also.

I love date nights.  With Tom, the boys, or just us girls.  I am spoiled!  We have so much fun.

Rodeo: Day 2
Brought the boys to play at the fair grounds.

I took this picture and sent it to Jordan.  Logan was on this ride and in the back seat were 2 of her friends.
I titled it:  Logan hanging with some friends.  They had no idea who Logan was or that fact that I was taking a stalkerish picture.

Logan goes on any ride that he is tall enough for.  This Tornado one is his favorite.  I would make him ride the little kids rides because they are strict on height requirements.  He just barely squeaked through.  Next year he will be too tall!

This is one of our favorite petting zoos.  Its not like we hang out at petting zoos all the time its just that the kids will talk about their memories of this one.  They have come to this each year and there are always funny moments.



This was the best picture of the day!

Logan would have held this baby lamb forever.  They were pretty sweet.

This is Chase, one of Logan's friends.  We ran into him and that was great as they ran around for an hour riding rides together.

Love the Rodeo, Love Texas, Love these boys!

No comments: