Tuesday, July 29, 2014

North Carolina

Who would have ever thought that I would be getting Welcome homes in NC from the Hanson gang at the very house I grew up in???

Leave it up to Tracey to bring me a cake.

Sam and Logan reunited.
It really did surprise me that they acted like they had never been apart.


Logan getting to share his Pat Pats farm .

This is Ellie, the horse, not to be confused with Elly, the Hanson.
Ellie is actually a wild mustang that was rescued and my Dad took it in as the owner got cancer.  My Dad didnt realize he too had cancer.  So ends up that Jackie, my sister keeps Ellie so Haylie could have a horse.



So riding Ellie is short lived as she is not all the way trained but it was fun for the kids to get a ride.
Free pony rides at the Foss'


Elly on Ellie

Flip Flops and Bareback
This horse was fun to ride too.  I just kept thinking my Dad would be so happy to see kids out on the horse swing.

It's really crazy, because all of my best friends came after I left NC.  A lot of them have actually been right here where I grew up and we sat in my actual bedroom and would talk.  Just a full circle and a deeper understanding of Buddy.


Logan loves being at Pat Pat's



Really going old school with Tracey.  She already shot down my Biscuitville.  So I thought I would share Zacks with her.
All Foss' love hot dogs.

Sure Tracey, Logan would love to have his first friend sleep over with Sam.  Im sure he will be a very good boy.
I can tell that Logan misses me already.


The Hansons have the cutest home in Raleigh.
Front porch and hanging plants included.
I think I like this picture better with Logan photo bombing.


These two hanging out at the movies.
Jordan was able to take Pat Pat to see The Fault in Our Stars.


A dinner out.



Pat Pat holding Emmerson.
Brian had Logan way too energized!

The Debruin Family
This was a hot, sweaty run in NC.



Durham Nature and Science Center

I know it was hot for Mom but we made her come with us.









Haylie and Larson
Im pretty sure Mom was happy being with us all day.
Sailing boats
The kids loved this.

Misting fields to cool us off.
This certainly helped Mom.

Time to come in and cool off.

Jordan had to fill in for Jackson as Sages sidekick.
Jackson had to go back to Texas to play football.

Larson enduring another 6 hours in the car making our way back to HHI.
NC was a nice stop on our trip.  
Loved spending time with Mom and yes, all the others.

No comments: