Saturday, January 24, 2009

AAAHHH! The Pace Slowed Down

It took a few days into January to get the decorations down but when that happens I'm a new woman. I love the decorations but I love the January "spring cleaning" that occurs right after. The house seems to be uncluttered and so organized. Tom and I thrive on that just in case you did not know that about us. The kids had to start back to school. BOOOOOOOO!!! That did get us back into more of a schedule so that is the positive out of that. What we did like about January was just that family time to do things together and we have really enjoyed it. Now all the spring sports and all 3 boys birthdays!


Our first Pine Wood Derby
Tom and Jackson designed the car and Jackson painted it. We may have to work on his color palette for next year. I loved that he did it but boy did all the other participants take it to extremes. We will have to step up some next year.

Lets just say that the family had fun and not mention what place his little car got. There is always next year Jackson!

This was a serious 2 hour play dough session with the kids. The best part is the clean up. Its called a broom and a trash can. In my old days I use to collect all the little pieces and divide them into the right colored containers. Really??? Did I do that. I did. How silly I must have been.


Play time at Main Event and dinner at Jasons Deli, one of our favorites.

We planned on taking the kids rock climbing over Christmas but did not get to it so we did a date night with the whole family. In the last year, we have noticed that Jackson climbs or swings from most anything. He climbs up poles with amazing ease. One of my favorites it to watch him do 3 complete swings around a stop sign pole without his feet touching. Maybe he will be in Circ De Sole some day. Well, his rock climbing skills are about the same. He looked like Spider Man climbing up and he just did one foot after the other. We are taking him back soon but this time we are putting him on the advanced walls. Lets make it more challenging for him. Jordan got to the top and rang the bells 4 times but she likes to take a more leisurely route.

2 comments:

Conni said...

Ahhh, the pine wood derby. So much to look forward to in this next year. Logan is excited to be starting scouts in a couple of weeks. Too bad we don't live close anymore, I'm sure he'd love to go with Jackson. Sorry I haven't posted comments in so long. I don't get a chance to look at blogs as much as I used too. It was great catching up on all your holiday festivities via photos, but it was even better talking on the phone the other day! Miss you guys! Good luck on your marathon. You are inspiring me!! I'll be calling for some tips soon. :)

It's Been a Day! said...

That's a great family night! I love myself a little ski ball! And that's some serious playdough action. What skills! I personally can't stand playdough so it's pretty much just plain old dough around here for my kids. So boring! You are a better mom than me. and what's that about a marathon? You are making us all look bad!