Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Buddy's Food Storage

We love our Kumquat tree!!
Each year we trim it back because it is taking over the side of the house and I think that helps produce more fruit each year. This year, there have been so many.
There is just something about a beautiful morning, walking outside and picking fresh fruit from your own tree. Its funny to just see the boys outside and stopping for a snack. Its like this- the boys are always hungry so now instead of bugging me- I just send them out to the tree.
I don't have very good food storage skills so I have to count this as something. Just hope that if a time in need arrives it will be fruit bearing season! Oh, I have a back up plan, we will just have to go to the pantry shelves and make one of the 10 boxes of brownies that we have stored up!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Yum!!! And brownies? Double-yum.

It's Been a Day! said...

i'm coming to your house if we need any food. i'll bring the dehydrated beans and apple slices. it's not as fun as brownies and kumquats though!