Wednesday, October 21, 2009

7th Grade Choir Fall Concert

I have to admit that I just didn't think that choir was going to be such a time commitment. I just wasn't in choir mode because she was signed up for theatre but they allowed Jordan to split the year. She started off with choir. The first $140 went for t-shirt and formal dress. What?? I didn't know there was a formal dress.


She was fitted at school and they even hemmed it there. (thank goodness, I wouldn't have known how to do that). Jordan kept telling me how ugly the dress was and that she could not be seen in a dress at school. I did not even look at the dress until we took it out of the wrapper to put on for the concert. I thought they did a really good job with it but she does not care for it! I told her that mine was some aqua marine color with huge ginormous puffy sleeves and ruffles around the neck line like a clown. She commented that was a hundred years ago.



Anyway, the concert was great! This is what we heard more than once leaving after it. "It was short and sweet!" From start to finish 30 minutes and we enjoyed watching the performance. I don't have the right lense for my camera to take indoor pics but I included this one so you can see how small Jordan is compared to her classmates. We actually heard a comment about the "little girl" in front.




1 comment:

Texas Dimons said...

Wow! I was actually looking in the back row for Gemma...Miss you guys!