Thursday, November 4, 2010

Vegas 2010

It had been 7 years since our last girls trip to Vegas but we are back.

and ready to relax


We stayed at Aria at City Center. This hotel was so cool. Very technology based. So glad that we stayed here.
First to the Mirage for a breakfast buffet

Then onto a day of shopping.
Vegas is one of my favorite places to shop. All of my favorites are there.

Time to relax at the pool. We tried the liquid lounge which is an outdoor pool bar but we decided it wasnt for us. Now I can say that I know what they are like.


An amazing show
"La Reve"

Lots of exercise just walking the strip and checking out hotels.


Dinner at El Toro right on the strip. A very fun night followed by a detour to the Palazos club, Lavo.
Yes, these are the clothes that we went clubing in: I had a cowboy outfit on, my sister a floor length Lilly Pulitzer dress and Caroline in a sweater.
So we were not planning on this stop at all.Another new thing that we had never experienced. Now I can say I was at a hip club where the stars all go. Whoo ooooh!!
Probably will never be there again in my life.

Food was a big part of the agenda each day. How fun is it just to eat great food whenever you feel like it and I didnt have to cut any of Char or Carolines food for them.

There is a story behind each of these pictures but as the saying goes, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
My husband says he doesnt even recognize me here. Jackson asked if I was drinking and of course I was not.
This is what I look like when I get 8 hours of sleep and have no one else to take care of.
View from our hotel. Ready to go to dinner and a show.

Caroline and I sporting our new Miss Me jeans

None of us had seen the Lion King so another first for us.

This trip was so incredible. I loved ever minute and was grateful for every minute. Sometimes you just need a break from the usual. Being with my sister and best friend is such a happy place for me. Cant wait until the next trip.

As my Dad says, "Dont be sad its over, be happy that it happened"

Then look what you get to come home to.
Life is pretty darn good!

1 comment:

- said...

You were seriously a 5 1/2 hour drive away from me!!!!! Looks like you had a great time.