Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas Week

We didnt do as much baking this year but it seemed like the kids always had something sweet in their mouths.
Jordan as "Miss Cookin Clause"
We always make the traditional cutout sugar cookies.
Jackson is the official ball maker.
Larson wants to help with every aspect of the cookie making.

Larson is the last one standing right there helping with the final icing.

When its 85 out and you have a heated pool you can go swimming the week of Christmas.

This isnt the normal thing that we do in the winter around here so it was extra fun to spend some time swimming.
I could not have been happier. I love warm weather and the sun on my face. I love to see the kids having a great time.
The bigger kids were ready to leave after an hour and a half but Logan was just having too much fun and really did not want to leave.

Gemma was able to come visit us from San Antonio. We love having her with us.
Larson with the camera on the way home from the pool. He even got me driving the car.

We enjoyed dinner at Benihanna one night. The kids had been there when they were little but this was the first time that they would really enjoy it. A great experience for them. They are not the most adventurous group when it comes to eating but they really did try and passed the test to go back. Jackson loved the show. Logan liked it all but the fire. He about put his body through the wall when that happened. We could not stop him from eating. He gained a few additional lbs. that night.
I have always been the Mom that loves when the kids are out of school. I dont know if I disliked school so much as a kid or if I have some psychological problem when it comes to school. I dont think that I do but I just love for me and the kids when we dont have a school schedule.
I was still very busy helping Santa get ready for Christmas but was able to enjoy the week with my family.

No comments: