Monday, January 24, 2011

Hunting Trip

I think that everyone knows, I am not a hunter, I didnt plan on any of my boys being hunters but things dont always go as planned.
This picture alone scares me.
Jake was able to fly to Austin and spend a week with us the day after Christmas. He was very excited to be a part of the hunting trip. This is a very large pig that Uncle Chris shot.

These are just stories that are told to me when they get home. Jackson was not so happy with this one: Just Tom and Jackson were hunting and Jackson had a shot on a big turkey with his new gun. He took the shot but the gun did not fire. He told his Dad to try and Tom did and shot the turkey. Jackson was a little upset that he was not the one to get it. We think that Jackson did not pull the trigger back far enough.
I guess hunting is a learning process.

Here is another story from this turkey. Jackson was really proud of this turkey and wanted to bring the huge tail feathers home. They brought them into the kitchen table and within seconds ants were everywhere. Larson was getting bit. Turkey feathers are not meant to be in the house. So they have stayed out in the garage where now I can smell this funky smell from them. I think that the pictures should serve as good memories and the feathers need to be tossed. I still dont have the OK from Jackson on that one yet.
Jackson loves going on these trips and tells me he has so much fun. I always answer back with: You really had fun sitting quietly in a cold blind for many hours??? He responds back yes, so I guess this is a guy thing that I just dont understand.


I'm not so pleased to announce but we have meat from this pig in our freezer right now. Somehow the fact that I have all kinds of meats from Sams just doesnt seem to bother me as much.
The campfires at night is one of Jackson's favorite things.
I'm happy that the boys get this time together with each other.

1 comment:

Chris Roberts said...

We had a really fun wknd - thx for posting the pics!