Wednesday, April 20, 2011

DI Headed to State

Logan, Erik, Fischer, and Jackson loading up and headed to Lubbock. This was a much anticipated trip since the moment they realized they were continuing to state. I was a little teary inside to see Jackson just take off and be on his own for a weekend but was actually so excited and proud of him.

Unfortunately, he got the flu bug that his brothers had gotten earlier in the week. He wasnt even gone 3 hours before he got really sick. Needless to say, this ended up being a tough weekend for him. I was never so happy to see him pull in the driveway as I was that Sunday night. It was tough knowing my kid needed me and I wasnt there.
The team ended up coming in 11th which was not what they had hoped for. Jackson was glad because he did not want to go to Nashville thinking that he would experience the same kind of weekend. Kind of a rough go for the first time away but no time to dwell, he has a Quest project due very soon!
The very next weekend, Tom and Jackson were able to go to a Scout camp out and he had a great time there.

No comments: