Thursday, March 22, 2012

Austin Marathon 2012

This was #8 for me and standing right beside me is my biggest supporter!
The entire family stayed downtown so we were able to get to the start line easily. That was a fun night in its self. This was the first marathon that Charlene was able to be at so that was an extra bonus.
A bigger bonus is having your daughter and sister run beside you for some of the marathon.
Charlene helped me do a complete costume change as I was not dealing with the warm clothes that I started with. Yes, we were laughing so hard as I was getting naked behind a trailer on Congress.
Jordan was able to run about 7 miles of the run with me and of course Tom knows the course so well that he was always there for back up. Then I get my take me to the finish line girl, Colby. She has ran me in the last 2 marathons. Can not explain how much that helps you in a mental game at that point.
The weather could not have been more perfect, this training season went without any problems, but each year I seem to cross the finish line just a little slower. I must be getting older but never the less, I still love crossing that finish line. I had a great run!
Thanks to Uncle Chris and Tina, the boys were all waiting for me. I had not had the boys at any of my marathons but thought they might really like being down there with everyone.
Yea, for Colby!

a perfect day for me. Perfect run and surrounded by all my peoples that I love!
I hope that some of these little bodies will learn to love running like I do.
Jordan is already on her way.
Tina, thank for a group shot!
We all went and had a great brunch right after this.
I have the best supporters in the world!

No comments: