Sunday, March 4, 2012

Baby Shower for Tracey

From the moment that I met Tracey I just knew we would be great friends. The first conversation that we had was her asking me on the spot if I wanted to play a small part on the piano with her for the Christmas program. Tracey was playing right beside me doing her thing and laughing with me as I stumbled through the few little notes that I had to play. A girl that could get the job done and be laughing at me or with me at the same time was my kind of girl.
I knew the moment that I found out Tracey was pregnant, I would be able to throw her a baby shower.
Dannelly Lynn Hanson
Dannelly is Traceys maiden name and Lynn will be the middle name in honor of Tracey Graff and myself.
Poor Tracey, very pregnant and being able to spend precious time with her best friend Kara who flew in from Colorado. I had candles everywhere and they needed to be lit. Kara and Tracey worked far too hard before and after the party. I was so thankful for their help. Thats just what good friends do for each other.
The house and food was ready. Minda brought the chocolate fountain which was so much fun to have there. The theme for the shower was: She's Going to Melt Our Hearts!


Tracey's only request.
Store bought cake from HEB
Yes, Tracey and I were at a very nice Christmas party and we had a little taste of this cake. Then I had another piece of this cake. Did we dare ask for the recipe because I know I couldnt replicate it.
Well, we love Kristy Wilkins and she told us just where we could get this little number.
HEB, a great Texas Tradition.
Minda, told me that she would bring her punch bowl. I told her that I had one. Well, when I saw her royal punch bowl I put my little glass one away.
Where do I get one of these?
Tracey was showered with so many cute little girl things. My favorites were the unbelievably cute shoes this girl will be sporting. I wanted some of them in a size 6 1/2.
The reason Tracey is laughing here is due to the game we played. I said a phrase and they just simply had to yell out the candy bar that went with it. Such as:
Sex before the baby: Good N Plenty
Day of conception: Score Bar
Sex after the baby: Zero Bar
I thought this was cute and clever and even really funny. Thank goodness that Tracey thought it was funny with me because I think that I traumatized some of the ladies with apparently my PG-13 game.
Yes, made all these beautiful heart cookies for friends to take home and I forgot to mention that they were on the bar around the corner. Last few guest were given a few to go and the kids teachers benefited the next day.
The scavengers arrived around 9
They were very happy to see the chocolate fountain still running.
Tracey and Jordan (Jordan is practically Dannellys big sister as Jordan will tell you)
Tracey was so sweet to wait and wait and wait for our girl to get home after 10:00 from rehearsal. Yes, we left the chocolate fountain on for her. We were so sad that she could not be at the shower with us.
I was so happy that I could have this shower for Tracey. It was so easy to put the time and effort into such an event when it was for someone that I care for and love very much.
Tracey has brought so much to my life since knowing her the last year. She has added so much laughter, shown so much love to my family, has given Logan his best friend, has helped me more times than I want to mention, has given me my very own tech support through her husband Ben, took the most fabulous photos of my family that we have ever had, and has listened to me as a great friend.
No matter where this cute little family may go in life, I feel so thankful that we crossed paths and will remain friends forever.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Oh I look so goofy. You aren't supposed to post such nice things about a pregnant woman. We are too weepy to handle it! Thank you for the amazing shower and lovely friendship. Maybe fate will step in and I will never have to leave Austin.