Monday, August 13, 2012

First July 4th in Austin, TX ever!



8 years after moving to Austin, we spent our first 4th of July here as a family.  Well, almost...
Jordan was in San Antonio at EFY having one of the best weeks of her life.  I thought it was weird that they would schedule a session over the 4th but that is what worked with her schedule.

I always have fun with our dinning room and holidays.
Logan had the other decorating fun.  I had a small, very old bin of 4th decorations.  I let him use any of it and he was totally into hanging streamers, glittery things, and stars.  I just let him go and he was having so much fun.
The streamers from the bar are pretty funny.
Next, we added in some food.  I know the flag cake has been done so many times and it is so old school but I havnt done one in at least 10 years.  I did some kabobs that were fun also.


No surprise here:  Larson wanted a mohawk and wanted it to be red and blue.  You cant see the blue too much in this picture.

Celebrating with Uncle Chris at his house.

Having fun but thinking of Jordan.



They call this noodling.  Just hanging in the lake with noodles.




After a big BBQ,  time to go out on the boat to watch the fireworks.



I knew that Logan would have a hard time staying awake.

He did wake up with the fireworks.
We were on the lake with so many boats.  It was like twinkling stars on the lake with just the boat lights on.  Then in the sky right in front of us was an amazing display of fireworks.



Tina and Tristan were celebrating with us.
This day was perfect except for Jordan not being with us.  I really missed her!
I got the feeling of what it will be when she leaves for college.

Back at the boat dock, Uncle Chris had his own display of fireworks.
Larson was able to share his hula hoop talents while displaying sparklers.
Happy Birthday America!

No comments: