Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 2 in Rome



Getting off of the ship was so easy and a cool train trip back to Rome.
Char back to carrying a very over weighted suitcase.
Picture of the US Embassy.


Drank this entire bottle of water the second we get to our room.




The streets of Rome are so amazing.
Steve joins us in Rome.

The Spanish steps during daylight.




Headed to the Vatican.





It was pretty cool finally being able to see the Vatican.
It was beautiful and everything was just large in size.
It was what I expected.



Most of my inside pictures did not come out so well.
Here you can see the archways and domes but it really doesnt give you the correct scale.  You are like a tiny ant standing in this massive cathedral.

Castel St. Angelo
It is so apparent in the US that we tear down the old and build new.
It is so amazing to see a city with all the old still there.
We spent my last night back at Piazza  Navona
We had a nice dinner, walked around a little more and then headed back to the hotel.
This was the view from my room.
The tallest palm tree I have ever seen in my life.
These were private homes that I could look down on from my balcony.
Very nice to say the least.
This was my hotel room.

I really loved this view from my room.
I watched the sun set on Rome.
It was really hard to take in all that I had just experienced.
It was such an amazing and fun trip.
I loved having so much time with just my sister and me.
We love being with our kids but this was such a break for me and I was grateful for every minute of it.
The sun coming up the next day.
It was such a peaceful morning sitting out on the balcony getting ready to leave Rome and head back to my family.
Thank you Char and Steve.
Words can not explain how incredible this trip was from day 1 until the very end.  Every moment was one to remember.
I had a good flight back and was really anxious to see the boys in my life.
Jordan was yet at another camp so it was going to be a few more days before I could see her.
I was so excited when I got off of the plane in Austin.  To my surprise there they all stood with a welcome home sign.  I did not expect how emotional I would be to see them.  I felt like I had been gone for a month.
I was home safe and sound right where I belong.

No comments: