Monday, October 8, 2012

One Kid Coming, One Kid Going



Once I was home and took a few days to recover from time change and being sick I headed up to Jordans camp to see her.  I had not seen her in 3 weeks!  It was so cool when I saw her and she came running to me.  We sat in the back of the mess hall and talked the rest of the night.
She told me all about EFY and how that was the best week of her life.
Baylor camp was good but she was very tired from singing so much every day.
Girls camp was going well for her.  She  always likes being there.  I guess this is what it will feel like when she goes off to college.
She got back and then Jackson was off to his Scout camp at the same place that Jordan just left.
Jordan did one of the coolest things for her brother.  At girls camp there is just an overload of treats and candy.  Jordan took a bag and hid it outside behind the mess hall under a very distinct cross.
She told Jackson about this as he was leaving.
Jackson said that him and Jacob took off running for the cross right when they got there to retrieve the bag.  Jordan had a nice not in it wishing him a great week. 
I thought that was some really cool sisterly love!
So Jackson leaves for the week and we do not see or hear from him.  No cell phones allowed.
We know he is working hard on his scout requirements and having a ton of fun while doing it. This was one happy kid walking through our front door.


Yes, this is a lovely knife that he so proudly came home with.
I am so not use to my boy being a gun and now knife owner.

 The kids were so happy to have Jackson back.
Tom and I really took this morning in at our house.  Oh, it was not a quiet house, in fact it was so loud at times with them all trying to over talk one another.
The cool thing was they were so excited to be back home together after 3 weeks of coming and going.
They couldnt tell all of their stories fast enough.
These are the moments that you know having 4 kids is worth it.

No comments: