Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Legally Blonde Goes on Pioneer Trek


Not having grown up in Utah, I never experienced going on a Pioneer Trek.
A Pioneer Trek???
Not even sure what that entails.
I got released from the young women program in December so I was not a part of the planning for this.
Jordan was very excited but I didnt think that Jordan was ready for something like this.  
I wasnt sure what to expect but I didnt think that it involved the cozy elements of home.

 Jordan and I drove out to the ranch that was about 2 hours away.  She arrived late due to a choir competition, imagine that!  It was dark and she got nervous upon her arrival.  I think that she saw the size of the handcarts that would now be her new best friend for the next 48 hours.  I was very surprised to see them be so big.  The last company was waiting on Jordan.  As she was struggling with her gear, she yelled "Where's the bellhop?"   Im not sure but I dont think there were bell hops to help load up the carts.  So away she went down this long dirt road in the middle of now where at night.

Good news, when she arrived home on Sunday she had nothing but good things to report.  Her favorite youth conference ever!  This event was so organized and planned out so well.  There were many stories Jordan had to share with us.  They did sunrise sacrament at 6:30 Sunday morning.  The boys had on their white shirts and ties and passed the sacrament in wooden trays that they had made.
I'm so thankful for all the leaders in this Stake that sacrifice hours upon hours to help raise these kids to be young women and men that we can be proud of.

No comments: