Friday, February 27, 2009

Pat Pat and Pa Pa visit from NC

Its always so nice of Mom and Dad to make such a long drive to Texas, especially with them not being young chickens! They made it just in time for Valentines weekend and allot of babysitting for Tom and I.

They had all the boys while Tom and I were at Kellys Valentine dinner and Jordan was at a school dance. Mom had to go straight to bed when we got home. I wonder why.
Our family Valentines dinner. Not too fancy, spaghetti. That was a very important meal before my race the next morning. Then once again Mom and Dad had all the kids until about 1:00 the next day. Thanks so much for keeping them during the marathon. It allowed Tom and I to have a great time together (all but miles 20-23, I think I was delirious)
The kids all loved their huge Hershey bars!

Mom actually got in some Jackson time. He was very snuggly with her!

Jacks was so proud that Pat Pat and Papa could be at his basketball game. Jackson has really had a great season: some good plays, learning the game, and having fun. The downside, they have not won one game yet.

Jackson has the best hustle on the team!
Life is pretty good for Logan: his Pat Pat and unnamed elephant.
Mom cant get enough of him but I know that he tires her right out.
We got the kids out of school early one day and went to the Texas State Capital. ( We were laughing because after 3 different schools we finally had collected all the kids). I have always wanted to do this since moving here. It was a requirement for Jackson to Earn his Wolf Badge in Cub Scouts.

Larson wanted to bring home the canon for his Pirate Party.
The boys look like little Forest Gumps sitting on the park bench.

It is a very beautiful building.

Papa and Larson had allot of bonding time while Mom and I ran errands for the upcoming party. Larson sleeping next to Papa.

Papa and Larson actually worked on a song while we were gone one time. Papa on the piano and Larson on the drums. It was the cutest thing ever ever! I took video but with my old camera so I cant download it.

So Mom and Dad, how does it feel to be around Larson 24 hours a day---EXHAUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had such a great visit with them. The weather was nice and we got in some great dinners and a lunch at the Oasis overlooking the lake. I was sad to see them go since it is a once a year trip but we will see them in Hilton Head for Spring Break in a couple of weeks!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Looks like a great visit. Nothing like having your grandparents around to spoil you (and your parents). :)

It's Been a Day! said...

i love having visitors. i love going around to all the fun austin sites. larson is a crack up!