Thursday, February 5, 2009

Winter Break 2008

Austin Nature Center with the Dimons


We had beautiful weather during the break. The kids and Mom were so glad that they were off from school. Jordan spent time with friends, had sleepovers, saw movies. Jackson played with his friends and accomplished alot with his cub scouts. He even scored a new WII game!
Larson had two days at school that was a summer camp. The theme was Hawaii and he really enjoyed that. He has set off his volcano that he made at least 10 different times. Our house has a nice vinegar smell to it.
Tom did some furniture rearranging for the kids. I would never flip couches over and make forts but I am thankful that he will do that and I just look the other way. I cant complain he puts them back and even vacuums. They watched movies and spent a couple nights in the forts.
Buddy is up to her old tricks. Jordan especially but Jackson also was always given a huge home made party that I would prepare for 3 months ahead of time. Tom actually built a wooden corral for one with a swinging sign for the horses to ride under. OK that was way back then. We wont be building a pirate ship for this one but we are trying hard to give it a good effort for Larons 5th birthday party. Larson liked the way this bean bag toss turned out. He asks every minute of every day how much longer until his party. I get to hear that until the 28th.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the bean bag toss! That's really awesome looking. I want to play it too and can relate to Larson! It looks like fun. Way to go!

It's Been a Day! said...

the bean bag toss is awesome! way to go. and aren't dad's the best? I don't know why I can't be the fun parent. Maybe I'm just too lazy. Gotta love having some days off from school.

Conni said...

Hi Roberts Family! Looks like you guys enjoyed winter break. We have ours starting tomorrow, a 4 day weekend. Love that you did so many fun things.....especially letting the kids rearrange the furniture! You are one nice Mommy. I'm glad to see you are back at your old tricks of throwing fabulous parties! I only wish we could be there to enjoy it with you!