Friday, April 27, 2012

Jordan's New Room

 Before we even moved in this new house, I was out late at night painting her room so she could move right in.  
Being new to Texas I was very freaked out by all the coyotes howling and the thunderstorm didnt help either.  We didnt have any homes around us then and it was a little scary but Jordan's room was ready when we moved in.
 Now it is time for a transformation.
We arrived from SC with Colbys furniture for Jordan.  After driving straight for 24 hours and a couple hours of sleep, I started painting her room right away. Jordan actually helped with all of the rolling.
Colby helped by laying on the floor and making us laugh.
 Had it done and carried up the furniture.


7 years later and it doesnt even look like the same room.
Love the 2 colors of grey.
Wasnt sure what her accent color was going to be but she went with her favorite purple.

 This is so Jordan!  I like that we could add a piece that really was all about her.
She is a girly girl and loves those heels.
My favorite part is always the accessories for the room.  My Mom, Jordan, and I had fun shopping.
Fun mirrors and a numbers clock.

 My Mom found this purple statue of liberty on a bottom shelf at Garden Ridge.
Could not have been more perfect.
Jordan said,  "shut the front stinkin door, where did you get this?!!!!"
She was so excited about this little gem and so was I.

 This NYC mural was the inspiration for her room.  She loves NYC.
This is the one that Dad and I built the frame for.

She has an autographed photo of Justin Bieber that has found a home here.
We love the way her room turned out.
Of course her curtains are back ordered until June but we tried about 6 others sets and none of them worked.
Jordan loves her new room.
It took about 2 weeks for her to understand the deal.  
Bed made and no clothes on the floor!
She has done the stomp back up the stairs a few times to make sure her end of the deal is taking place with a little inspiration from her mother.
I think she has it figured out now!
This was just added to her room.  It finished off that corner for her.
 Logan already thought these were little chocolates wrapped in tin foil.
Nope, just cute little purple balls.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I love it! Her room is all grown up.