Friday, April 5, 2013

Austin Marathon 2013



Fun afternoon with Jordan at the expo.
She was really excited about her race the next day.



Cold morning at the start line.




running up the big hill on Congress.
I kept Jordan pretty paced until Mile 10.  She had lots left in her and I was ready to step it up with her.
We had a short set back as my CRAZY sister that was in Las Vegas the night before jumped out at us at mile 10 and was running along.  I could not believe that she was there.  Total surprise and was a great addition to the race.  OK so now we are ready to head on in...   right until I saw the forever hill in front of us.  I had never ran the 10 to 13 miles on the course as I have always gone on.  It was brutal.  Very hard finish for the half marathoners.  

We turned the corner and to the finish line.
I loved running this race with her.  This was her first and I know she will only lower her time as she did so well.

Getting her medal



Some quick photos before I continued on.
Tom is a pro at this!



Uncle Chris drove me out to mile 13 and I resumed putting one foot in front of the other.
It was slow to start as I had to get my legs working again.
Colby has been my true run it in marathon running coach.  She has helped me every year she has been here.  I will be so sad if she is not with me next year.


For not running marathons, my sissy does a pretty good job helping me along the way.  The races are nothing but fun for me so having her run with me is perfect.

all reunited at the finish line for the second time.
That was so weird crossing the line twice but I wouldnt have changed it.  I only got an official half marathon time since I crossed the finish then but I know I did the full and it counts in my book.  I get the medal just the same.

I could hear Jackson and Larson screaming for me as I ran in.

Celebration dinner on the Lake

Larson made sure there was a sign for when Jordan got home.

Dont ask!

1 and 1/2 years since she started running.
So proud of her.  Loved every training run that she would join me on.  
Early morning runs were on the agenda 6 days a week.
Dedication, perseverance, skills she has learned that will help her through life.
Bring on the next one.

No comments: