Thursday, March 11, 2010

Regional Science Fair


Not a great picture at all but at least her award is documented. Who knew that a Regional Science Fair would go on for 3 hours. Certainly not Logan or myself. This was late into the night on a school night and Logan was flipping out. I was shocked when I heard Jordan's name and I had to run with all our stuff and Logan seriously flipping out of my arms. I was able to get up there but had a hard time managing the camera.


This was quite the ordeal. I had no idea how big and festive this event would be. ITS A SCIENCE FAIR! NERDS OF ALL SHAPES AND SIZES INVITED. The morning of, Jordan said, "I didnt even want to be in this" After all the work that had been put into this, I had my devil horns pop out. Now is not the time to tell me this!!
Her entire attitude changed from the moment that they arrived. She has to trust me on things like this. Its not about hanging with the nerds, its all about college applications.



As they were calling out all the winners, the names were all such as Afuma Binda, Choy sau Moo, Ephinus Madauwa. To hear JORDAN ROBERTS was a shock. They called out the top 5 in each category and got them to the stage. Then started with 5th place on down to the top winner. Jordan was 5th but that was out of 175 in her category. Only 1st, 2nd, and 3rd went onto state. She was really happy with what she accomplished. The funny thing is that some of these projects were so complex (like as in inventing electricity if it hadn't already been invented), Jordan's was just a simple project and did not go very deep with her topic.



How to turn something nerdy into something more exciting.

No comments: