Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Austin's Blizzard


This is a big deal around this part of the country.


The golf course was almost covered. The middle school kids were out with their beach skim boards trying to sled. It was fun to watch. Alot of the kids were in these fluorescent orange jumpsuits. I guess they were their dads hunting clothes. Very funny.
Logans first snow fall. He looks pretty happy here but I dont think that he actually liked it very much. It would have helped for all of them if we had some snow gear to be out in it. Jordans school got let out early and she went to a friends house. She was wearing capri pants, converse, and a thin hoodie. I'm sure she was real warm out there.


Doesnt make any sense to me at all but the middle school got out at noon but the elementary school went all day. The boys got to go out at school and play but they came home with completely wet pants, socks and shoes. They sat in the class room like that for more than half of the day.

The boys ran home just long enough to set their stuff down and out they went......then in they came........then out they went.....then in they came.......changing into dry clothes.......back out again...... in they came. By 5:30 I was left with completely muddy floors and wet clothes everywhere. OK the fun was over for me and I remember why I dont like cold weather but was so happy for the kids. The reality of snow in Austin again.... Jordan will probably be in college before it happens again.


I dont think that I have ever seen snowflakes as big as the ones that were coming down for a while.

Even the cat sat at the window trying to catch the flakes as they were coming down. I think that it really stressed her out.
The kids even got to go to school the next day two hours late. Crazy.
P.S. OK, so Im making fun of the kids in the bright orange hunting clothes---- Just realized my boys were in their hunting jackets.

No comments: