Monday, May 24, 2010

My 40th

Started my day at 5:30 and posters were already hanging outside. Thank you Jessica! This certainly announced the B-day to the neighborhood and many stopped by throughout the day with surprises, treats and well wishes.

I guess turning 40 is a big deal! I just thought that it would be another birthday but it was made very special by so many people.
The kids were so good to me all day. Lots of hugs and happy birthdays. I think that they all wanted to buy me a million dollar present. If they only knew they are my million dollar presents.
Got phone calls from everyone in my family. Very cool and fun birthday boxes arrived in the mail and on my actual birthday. My friends know me well and I loved the things they got me.
This was my birthday dinner. So glad that Colby and Uncle Chris were with us. I really enjoyed the night being with my family. Even with Toms crazy chaotic schedule he knew exactly what I would want.
This party doesn't end here. October 5th I leave for Las Vegas with Caroline and Charlene. October is the split in the middle between Carolines 40th and mine. We will enjoy 5 days of just us. Some much needed girl time to see shows, shop, and lay in the sun. Cant wait!

No comments: