Friday, August 12, 2011

My Grandma Boydie

This summer has been referenced as "the best summer ever" more than once. I would agree with that for many reasons. Right before we started our summer, we found out that Mom and Dad were driving to Canada and bringing Boydie back with them. This was a really big deal as we never thought that Boydie would be back in NC again. This was the cause of the entire family now being together with alternate plans being made for some and change in flights for others. Nothing had me more excited than the entire family being able to be with Boydie. Logan was not in this picture but I'm sure he was off being wild somewhere.
Here is Boydie with her great great grandchild. We had 5 generations at this gathering!
One shot from our family picture day.
I do have to tell the story that my grandma was upset with me here. Just to make it clear, when I say that we are wearing anything as long as it is blue jean and white, that doesn't actually mean that you have to be wearing a real pair of blue jeans. The older people in the family thought that is what was meant. So when Jo and I came out in dresses that made some people a little mad. As far as my Mom goes, don't understand what the issue was as I have never seen her in anything other than blue jeans or a church dress on Sundays. For Boydie, I could see why this was an issue, she always was concerned with looking her best. I had told her a couple of days earlier that she could have worn the white pants she had on. She just didn't hear or understand me. Anyway, it all worked out and how adorable was she with her bling on! So glad that I have this picture of her with my family.
I must have taken a photo every time Boydie had the baby. Tyler was actually a bit too heavy for Boydie and she didnt hold her for very long.
This was one of my favorite pictures of the day. It looked like we were on a movie set. It was very complicated trying to get people in all of the right spots for the pictures. It was very hot and sunny, therefore the sunglasses on Boydie and the umbrella. Then we would be taking pictures and someone would realize Boydie still had on her glasses. Look closely at Logan. He was being bribed with money at this point. Hes not a picture taker as you will see in all of the family photos. There I am, trying to be the ring leader and just make these photos a success. How often do you have every single member of your family together and an entire 5 generations!

I could not have been happier that we all got to once again be with Boydie. It is tough with us living in Texas and now Boydie lives back home in Canada full time. I just didnt know if I would ever be able to get us all up there together. I thought of taking Jackson this past spring so he could work on a Niagra Falls project but then I was just feeling too guilty that the other kids could not go.
I was just so thankful that Mom and Dad went to go and get her and make such a quick trip out of it so that it would fit in with everyones plans.
Boydie, you are part of the "best summer ever".
We love you!

No comments: