Sunday, October 2, 2011

First Cross Country Meet

When I first looked on a web site for VHS XC, I saw that the first meet was before school even started. That did not surprise me. What did surprise me was that it was in Houston. As a new freshman mom, I wasnt sure if I went, would I be the hovering mother and be the only one there or if I didnt go, would I be the only Mom not there? This was a 3 hour drive to watch my kid run 1 mile. Well, I decided that Larson and I would make a little date out of it. He was eager and loved waking up in the middle of the night to go. Along the way, we stopped for breakfast at McDonalds. It was fun to have one on one with Larson.
The atmosphere at the meet was really cool. Such a nice school complex and lots of teams. Turns out that there was pretty good representation from VHS parents.
Jo, right before her race. Wasnt sure how she would do. Was pretty nervous for her. I think she was probably nervous enough for herself. I could see her at all times even though she got pretty far away. It was an exciting race to watch.
How else to do you entertain yourself at a XC meet?? Larson was running of course!


She did pretty good and we have to say, yes she came in last for VHS but she did not come in last from all the schools. We felt like that was a huge accomplishment and hard work starting to pay off.
Seriously, was so much fun to watch this kid run one stinkin mile (she only ran one Freshman mile for the race but they logged in 5 miles for the morning) and was so proud of her.
This picture looks like I rode my Harley Davidson to Houston.
After the meet, got back in the car and drove home the 3 hours. I was so glad that Lars and I made the trip. It was so worth it.

No comments: