Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Luling, TX

2nd meet and I am learning that they are all different in their own way.
This Saturday morning was an early rise that included Logan this time. We drop Jordan off with the team and set out in the darkness to drive to Luling, TX. Really enjoy the ride through the Texas country with the sun starting to rise. Yes, Logan and I do a breakfast date at McDonalds. I saw some of those old towns that you think of in Western movies. I saw a high school that didnt look like much more than a one room school house. That is amazing that such a simple life still exists.
So we are coming close to Luling and there is a really bad smell in the air. That would be Texas oil. This little town is known for it. There are some big oil companies working here but the thing that is so unique is that almost every business and home has an oil rig of their own that are real and working. They all have their own personality. Here are a few of them that I took pictures of.
Cutest little town and I guess you just get use to the smell and dont notice it.
Varsity and JV team warm ups.
I really do like small town atmosphere but prefer living in a bigger city. I had to take a picture of this Volkswagon. This Volkswagon with its side door open was the source of music for this meet. In comparison to the mega complex of a 5A brand new Houston school that we were at last week. The music was piped out through a state of the art sound system. So there is a huge difference between these first two meets but both very cool in their own ways.
Jordan was in a little shock that the warm up was 2 miles and then they only had a couple of minutes before she had to run her 2 miles. They ran on the road through the schools little neighborhood. She did better than her first meet so that was good. It's still a little crazy to me seeing Jordan out running. Of course, it makes me smile.
And this really makes me smile.
A quick team photo at the coaches meeting and then they are off to finish their required mileage. Logan and I get back in the car and head to Austin!
One of my happiest places is watching our kids in their activities.

No comments: