Monday, June 30, 2008

Packing for Hilton Head Island


Well, I have the next 3 days to get us all packed and off to the East Coast. This is not an easy task for me. I have always had a hard time just getting everything together and out the door. It will literally take all I have to get this done in time. Its not just simply throwing clothes in a suit case.

*I have to have everything prepared for Jacksons baptism

*still working on getting Logans passport

* getting the cars oil change and maintenance taken care of

*hair cuts for 3 of us

*some shopping for things that we need to take

*packing for a 5mth old- not possible to bring all the gadgets but you have to figure out what you can not survive without for 6 weeks.

*cameras, DVD players, all electronics

*entertainment for the car (driving across country)

*separate bags for our short stay in Orlando

*then start thinking about clothes for us all

*add in Tom has invited a family over for Family Home Evening tonight and would also like the ice cream machine for treats tonight.


So I had better get off of the computer and start this process. I am vowing to not take as much. We literally wear bathing suits and not much else. I will really limit the kids on "toys" that they will bring.
The fun part is doing that with 4 kids here. Make that 5, Jordan has a friend here.

Blogging will be at a much slower pace while being gone. I will try and do an update every once in a while. Just know we are having an incredibly fun summer and all getting very tan at the beach! We will be back in Austin Aug. 10th.

2 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

if you need someone to go with you to make sure the trip goes smoothly, i'll go!! what a fun summer you have planned. I'm very jealous. Good luck over the next couple of days getting things ready and be safe driving.

Kelly said...

Buddy, I hope you were able to pack it all in, get everything in order, and travel safely. I'll see you when you get home! Have fun! Blog when you can.

Big hugs.