Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Anivesry

16 Years Ago-

add in the 5 that it took to marry me and we have been together over 20 years now.

I love to see others Wedding pictures that they post on their Anniversary. Everyone looks so young and outdated!


Here is the sappy part. Tom had this card sitting out for me this morning. The beach is where we met and that is where we are headed back to today. I didn't include the inside but he has dinner reservations for us when we get there.
Jackson asked if we would be eating before we got to Hilton Head ( this does not surprise us) He suggested Cracker Barrel-- Jordan yells- "that is not fancy enough- it is their anivesry" (as she spells it!!)
This just makes Tom and I smile
And this is why you have a girl in the family:

Tom wakes up at 5:30 am to find this display for us. He knew immediately that Jordan had been to work. This has made our day start off so great!!!
Yesterday she was up to all of this but she completely kept me in the dark. I did see her working on the Ferris Wheel but just thought she was bored and arts and crafts is a daily occurrence at our house. I did ask Larson where the top to the Lego box was. He jumped up to say he knew where it was but then just said he was joking ( he remembered what sissy was doing with it) Jordan was in my closet and I asked her what she was doing - she just said nothing! ( getting a wedding photo of us) She also asked me to teach her how to work her alarm and that did not set me off because she has been mad a couple of times with the alarm going off now that she can be sleeping in. no, she was learning how to set her alarm so that she could get up at 5 am and do all of this.
I love that it is our Anivesry today and not our Anniversary!
Posted by Picasa


Now, in each seat of the Ferris Wheel she had something. Tom and I did not see that this morning.

First was a poem:

Roses are Red, Violets are blue.

This poem is made for you two.

It's time to shout hooray.

Cause its your aniversary today.

Remember the moment you said "I do".

Look at the old pictures of you, too.

Remember the dresses and black shoes.

now you have four kids and nothing to loose!

The black comb was because she thought Daddy looked funny in some of the pictures she was looking through.( Did she not see my hair???)

She tied two strings together that she said can never come apart. (Mom and Dad)

the black bracelet was fancy and represented our black and white wedding.

Two sweet candy canes just like us

And of course a wedding photo in the shape of a heart.

(by the way- Tom and I dont have anything special about Ferris Wheels -just her creation)

And this is why we have our girl!

This was the best!!!!!

I did get a hug from Jackson this morning and he said "Happy Anniversary"

Larson said "You got married today?" Like we had already gotten up and went to see a judge this morning or something. This really confused him. Then he said "oh a hundred years ago"

We love them all, we love each other, now onto Hilton Head for another great vacation!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy anniversary! What a sweet daughter. You and Tom look great in your wedding garb.

It's Been a Day! said...

happy anniversary - or aniversary! loving your wedding pictures!! what a cute daughter you have! she must learn that from her mom!! hope you have a fantastic time - see you in a few weeks!

Conni said...

Happy Anni! I loved seeing your wedding picture. Sooooo 90's! You don't look a day older. You have such a beautiful family, probably because you guys have a great marriage! Take care in HH, wish you were coming to California! Maybe next summer??

Conni said...

Hi Again Buddy, I got your message about the yellow suit. I loved it too! I wish I could say it was some fancy California boutique, but that's way out of my price range right now, it's actually Old Navy. The bad news is I bought it in January...sorry. I haven't gotten back to you because my phone crashed and I lost a lot of my contacts...I'm working on getting that fixed! Hope you are having a great vacation!