Monday, March 3, 2014

Belize City, Belize

Belize version of a water bottle.  A plastic bag, really weird.

We are headed out for an hour boat ride to go on our snorkeling trip.

The water was amazing


We passed our ship that was anchored out at sea.





We arrived at Goff's Caye


If you have ever seen the Corona beer commercial with a little hump of sand coming out of the ocean and a few palm trees, pretty much sums this up.

I could seriously be left here for a week as long as the weather was great.


Getting our snorkeling instructions.  This trip was highly recommended to us.   This is the 2nd largest barrier reef right behind Australia's.  There was one small problem today.  I guess with currents that day, we couldnt snorkel right off of the beach.  They put us back on the boat and had us do an open water snorkel over the reef.  Yes, we were all jumping off of a rocking boat and making our way in rough waters.  This is not very doable with a small kid and a very small kid.  The water was not cooperating.  The 3 older ones were on their own as Tom and I had to handle Logan.  He was not enjoying his snorkeling trip at all!  We only had on little tubes around our waist and that wasnt enough to keep us up with the way the waters were.  Needless to say, kind of a bust for Logan and me but we were making it.  Finally, one of the guides brought a boogie board out to us to get Logan on it.    Was still a tough deal but we made it.  Then the jelly fish alert was given to us.  Oh boy, we all had to have our heads in the water but that didnt really work for Tom, Logan, and myself.  One of us took turns leading the others.  Good news we all made it back to the boat.  Wasnt easy getting us all on.  Char was all stung up by the jelly fish and I had Logan saying, "I'm never doing this again!"  I have to say that Larson did a great job and didnt have help from Mom or Dad.


Jordan and Jackson thought that was the coolest thing they have ever done.  I questioned them on our day we had just had before.  They then had a hard time deciding which was better.
Here we are after a little crazy snorkel adventure.
Now ready to enjoy this afternoon on this amazing island.  

One little shack with a grill.   Grilled lobster and chicken for lunch.  No one was complaining about the food.

Larson just taking in this moment.



Larson said this is paradise.  Think he is correct.




I think that I can say I have never seen water like this before and I have been a few places.


Jackson said this was the most amazing place he had ever been.

Beautiful scenery!

I had the long lens on for these pics.  The boys were out so far and it was not deep where they were.

What it should be!


Words can not describe this day.  One of the top 10 days for me for sure.  I have been to a ton of beautiful beaches but this island is a total of one acre out in the ocean.  I have never had that kind of experience before.  It was simply amazing!


Paradise


We went back to the city and did a little shopping before heading back to the ship.

The show on the ship was incredible.  It was a magic show.  You would pay $200 a ticket for a show like this in Vegas.
The one night we dont shower and just had on normal clothes, is the night we get sat at the big table right in the middle of the dinning room.  Haha!  We didnt care and there was tons of laughter from our table to draw attention to us.
Apparently, the magic show made Tom think he also had magical abilities.  Have to admit he had me laughing too!

Some friends for Logan !

The kids will remember this trip forever!
I am so happy just watching them all.  Not a care in the world.
The six of us + our 7th!

No comments: