Sunday, March 16, 2014

Marathon #10



2nd year with Jordan joining me at the start line.

Running #10 today and #10 happens to be the first time that I didn't completely do the training.
IT WAS JUST TOO COLD IN TEXAS!!!
(OK, maybe I'm just getting older too)

Regardless, I got this and off we go.

I am so happy that my girl that hated running so much has far passed her mama now.  I cant keep up with her.  Jordan had a much slower pace because of me but she was so sweet and ran the first half with me.

Last year I ran Jordan in to the half marathon finish but that was kind of hard for me to go back and finish mine so we spilt at 11.
Besides, she doesn't need me anymore.  I just slow her down.


I usually have guest runners that make appearances with me on the second half but this year I had none.
For some reason it just went by really fast.  I was really enjoying it and wondering if I can now skip all the training and just run on race days for fun.
(then Monday and Tuesday came and my body very quickly told me otherwise!)

2nd half for Jordan and with #10 being done, I think some people might be thinking I'm done.
Not sure what I'm thinking.
Tom has been there for 9 of these (Chris stepped in for one)
9 start lines, at least 36 spectator spots, corralling kids, giving Motrin, Gatorade, gel packs, running along, riding bikes along, cheering for me, and always at the finish.
He needs a big medal for biggest supporter!

No comments: