Sunday, March 23, 2014

Madrigal Festival


First time performing at the Texas Madrigal Festival.
They did a good job for being new at this.  There are schools that have been doing this for a long time and they were in a different league.

VHS has gone the last 2 years to watch and of course Mr. Feris makes it a weekend all about food.
I really like going on this trip as a chaperon.
I got to see a couple more missions that I had not visited before.  I love that they are still active churches.  A wedding was going on in one of them.
My first time eating at Mi Tierras in San Antonio.
This is a must see if you are in San Antonio and no, its not right on the River Walk.




The choir did receive highest marks of a 1 Superior for their performance.  They also got a very small clinic with Z. Randall Stroope, who is one of the worlds most active and popular composers.  He composed a couple songs that they competed with for Texas state choir.  He was really incredible with them!
Jordan was so happy all weekend.  I loved seeing her really not have any pressure on her for a couple of days and hanging out with her friends.

No comments: