Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Week of School


Jordan was jumping out of her skin with excitement coming home from her first day of middle school. She just had so much to tell me. I was just so happy for her.
Some of her favorite things:
"I feel so grown up walking from class to class"
There was not any homework this week (boy does she have a change coming next week)
The cafeteria has different cafes that you can pick from.
Eating lunch with all of her friends and sitting anywhere that they can get a table together.
Dance class
Just excited about the school activities that she can become involved in. Her favorite is the school play, Willy Wonka.
She did have a hard time opening her locker the first couple of days so she named it, "Evil Evil locker of Doom" Then by the 3rd day she had figured it out and now she named it "Tim" .

We were just playing out in the back yard and I took the opportunity to get some pictures of the kids. I was just messing around with black and whites of each of them. None of their hair was brushed but I still love all the photos and the way they turned out. I can just see each personality in them.

Jackson seems to have gotten the best teacher in the entire school from what everyone tells me. That is very exciting although I have not gotten a chance to know her yet. Jackson came home with a smile on his face each day. He looked happy and he tells me that he has had good days but I don't get much more out of him. Each day, the teacher would make them write one thing that they did and she made it into a bracelet for them to wear home. The first day he wrote down "Back to school Bingo" this is where they were learning kids names and Jackson can use all the help possible with that. The next was "building a straw struckter (structure)" He had to use 200 straws and his team won. I keep telling him that he may need to be an architect. Then yesterday he came home with "ate lunch" so it has already gone from some information to basically none. He had a scrapbook page about himself that he took into school today.
I love this bottom left hand picture. Jackson is often thinking hard about things and this just captured that for me.
Jackson and I have had the best week together. I was not sure how the morning schedule would go for us with kids in 3 schools leaving at different times but this week was great. I love that Jackson gets up before the others and it is just us getting ready. I love that one on one time with him. He is so easy to get ready and without any siblings around there can't be any fighting??? We are reading our scriptures together during breakfast and it has been so peaceful. I have even been walking to the bus with him. This morning as the sun was coming up the sky had patches of pink cotton candy everywhere. Jackson noticed it and how beautiful it was. I was so lucky that we had those few moments together to take in that beautiful sight.

When we were outside Larson walked around the corner and had picked the ONE cucumber that grew from our patch. Jackson wasn't mad because he thought that it was big enough. Now, most cucumbers that I see are a nice dark green color. This one was kind of light yellow. I had to tell Jackson that it probably was not going to be very good for eating but he had to try it. He took one bite. It was so BAD!!!!!! That did not stop him, he cut it open to the seeds and tried those because that is his favorite part, they were even WORSE. We just laughed and he got a real cucumber out of the fridge and ate it. Texas has not been so kind to our cucumber growing.
Larson is my photographer and model but this night he was not interested in it so very few pics of him. (that was different but fine with me-its not like there is a shortage of pictures of our kids)
Larson has been enjoying his new Montessori school all week. I picked him up the first day and he actually told me a few things. First and most important, he got to see a friend, Manu, from his old school and play on the playground with him!! He loves the Chinchilla in his school and he did get to roll out a mat like I told him they would do. All work is done on the floor with a mat under the work.
His teacher came out yesterday and told me that he was doing very well and was happy in the class. This morning we were a little early so Larson showed me a few things in his room. He put his backpack away and then we looked at a few things but he told me that he has not had a lesson on those and can not touch yet. Amazing that he already knows the Montessori way. He then got on an art apron and went to the art center. I am sure that is one of his favorites.
Larson has been such a good boy this week!

I have to say, with the 3 older at school the house is much quieter and TAH DAH, Logan is getting in a nap!!!!!! That is so nice for both of us. It is hard to fold laundry with one hand and a baby in the other!

Logans school of learning to sit up this week has not gone so well. He is refusing and will just arch his back and try to hit his head on the floor. I actually think that he may crawl before he sits up. I am not sure that is so normal. He will figure it out. He is just so smiley!!!

He just wants to know where the kids are???


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Buddy, how do you get such cute pictures of your kids? I love these! I need some tips! It's probably because you have a better camera than I do!