Friday, March 18, 2011

Larson's 7th Birthday

Larson is 7
(and in his own words: The King of Birthdays)

Unless the kids birthdays are on a Saturday or Sunday, their actual party is on a different day than their birthday. This benefits them as I am a celebrate on the actual day type of person. So sometimes the celebration can go on for up to 6 days. Here is Larson with his letters and presents.
He got to open one before school.

Larson kept me busy. I brought him lunch and ate with him and then had to quickly go pick up Logan from speech and then return with Larson's birthday treat. The school has a rule that no birthday treats until the afternoon.
He loved having his friends help pass out his treats (which of course were doughnuts).
Mrs. Jeffcoat led the class in singing a very original birthday song to Larson.
For dinner, I made tacos for Larson and then some cookie cake.
Then Larson was able to open his family presents!
This was a fun filled day for Larson but he was already counting days and hours until his friend party on Saturday.

Its kind of funny because he is not the biggest Star Wars fan in the world.
So why would I do a Star Wars party? It went something like this. He wanted a Lego party and the one at the Lego store is pretty boring. I could have been real creative but just wasnt feeling the Lego vibes. The boys love all of their Lego Wii games and one was Star Wars and that is where it came from.

Younger version of Jackson.

Our baby Darth

The party planners

By the look of things, Yoda did not get his way about something.


The set up for the party was not too easy. There hasnt been a party for me outside when the wind hasnt been ripping. At least I have learned from experience now and I dont even try to get the decorations up.

The party started with the boys building their own spaceships.
Next was the training course. Once completed, they got their Jedi robes.
After a game of defend your planet, they finally got their much anticipated light sabers.

In full training classes with Jedi Jackson leading the way.

You would think that this would get way crazy with light sabers in boys hands but this was the least crazy part of the entire party.
(I will say that I have never ever had a party that was so crazy and out of control)
The 11 boys that were there screamed louder than any girls I have ever had at a party.

Larson was so into everything and was just happy.

3 different times he came to me with a hug and a big thank you during the party.
Thats why I do this. Certainly not so I can have Moms drop their out of control boys at my house and have me entertain them for 2 hours. This was all about Larson and hopefully he will outgrow the friend parties sooner than later but I dont have much hope for that with Larson.



After they completed their training, they were ready to take on Darth Vader himself. I have to admit that Tom is the biggest sport in the world when it comes to our kids birthday parties.
So we had Darth Vader in our garage filled with fog and the Imperial March song playing. I opened the garage and the fog came rolling out then there was Darth Vader standing there. Seriously, the kids could not contain themselves. I tried to keep it as organized as possible. Each Jedi took a turn fighting Vader.
Hands down, best part of the party.



Yoda Soda was a huge hit

The kids had pizza and cupcakes. We finished off the party with this most awesome pinata. The boys were so wild that I wouldnt let them use the plastic pinata bat. They could only use their foam light sabers. Larson the best boy at the party of course got to use the bat and tear into the candy.


Larson loved his party!
(I loved that he loved his party but I also loved when the parents came to take all those little Jedis back to their own planets)

Larson at age 7:
You are getting taller and skinnier.
Your love for everything in life continues.
You have learned how to whistle and think you are pretty cool.
You do great in school and Quest.
Very confident
incredible manners
A great big brother and I have to say great little brother too.
starting soccer for the first time
A great testimony
You are such a joy to be around.
You are my easy one.
We love you very much!
Happy birthday Larson

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I love it! Your kids will remember their birthdays... you put so much into them.